Thursday, March 31, 2011

My first real pencil drawings at campus

Isn’t it amazing what a small thing like a pencil can do? You can write thousands of sentences with this one little writing-material, make drawings, and organize your ideas in writing that can be worth thousands or even millions of dollars…ha super powerful little thing when connected with your brains. The first words I had written at school were with a pencil, so that makes pencils very special to me.

I would like to share with you, my first real pencil drawings at campus. At first our teacher had placed a pot with a plant on a table and we had to draw it. This drawing was made in December 2003. I’ve edited the color of this drawing scan a little bit so you can see better what I had drawn; this drawing actually wasn’t made with a drawing pencil (B pencil). My biggest mistake in this drawing was that my drawing is on one side of the sheet.

                                                    
After having rehearsed in the classroom, we had to make drawings at Fort Zeelandia. First, I had rehearsed with two uncompleted drawings of buildings out there. This was my first drawing of a monumental building that I had completed. I did a little bit of cheating with this drawing; we actually weren’t allowed to use a ruler, but I had difficulties drawing free- handed straight lines, so I drew some lines lightly with a ruler and then drew free-handed over those lightly drawn lines. My biggest mistake in this drawing is that I hadn’t used a disappearing point at one side.

One of the students had borrowed my final drawing, and she had lost it, so I can’t share that one with you guys.

“It is not practice that makes perfect; it is imperfect practice that eventually makes perfect.”—Brian Tracy

It’s been years that I made real pencil drawings; I actually rather like drawing with drawing softwares on the computer/laptop. I’m actually in the mood now to make some real pencil drawings. I think I’ll make some real sketches after I’m done with my thesis.

If you want to make sketches along with me here are some tools for you guys. If you need some guidance, you could try the old bestseller Keys to Drawing. Maybe I should be getting one for myself. People who didn’t believe that they could draw and who have tried the exercises from this book love this book, cause they discovered that they actually are capable of making beautiful drawings.
For some good pencils from 9B to H, try Derwent Graphic Pencil Sketch Set/12 and blend the colors to your heart’s content to draw that beautiful sketch you desire!





No comments:

Post a Comment